Yates House Bed and Breakfast is located in Rocheport, Missouri. Once known as "The Mouth of the Moniteau," Rocheport was the busiest river port between St. Charles and St. Joseph, Missouri in the early 1800s.
Rocheport and its surrounding area offer something for everyone during your Missouri vacation.
Just one block from the Katy Trail State Park, Rocheport is steeped in history and charm. Rocheport is a nationally recognized historic town full of beauty and hospitality.
- Antiques & gallery shopping in Rocheport’s small shops.
- Enjoy some of the finest dining in mid-Missouri at Rocheport-area cafes, bistros, and restaurants.
- Rocheport General Store, one block walk away. Nightlife with live music, beer, wine, and food in a guest-friendly atmosphere.
- Stroll around Rocheport. You will enjoy the leisurely pace while viewing many restored pre-civil war homes and the beautiful gardens.
- Les Bourgeois Winery and Vineyards, just a few blocks up the hill, is one of mid-Missouri's premier cultural and recreational attractions. A family-owned and operated winery, Les Bourgeois offers visitors a taste of some of the “Show Me State's” finest award-winning wines, exquisite bistro cuisine, and beautiful scenery.
- Columbia, with many more restaurants and entertainment possibilities, is just fifteen minutes away.
- Mid-Missouri Tourism Council is building a comprehensive Mid-Missouri event calendar, intended to provide central and complete information available about area events. You may also download or request hard-copy visitor guide information from their site.
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce website offers more information about the Columbia community.
For more information, please visit the Rocheport Web site at www.rocheport.com.
See a video about Rocheport, MO
ADDITIONAL AREA ACTIVITIES
- Katy Trail State Park - Trail Map - This is the longest, and probably the narrowest, state park in the United States. It includes 225 miles of railroad-grade flat surface, perfect for hiking or biking. Rocheport has the most sought-after section of the trail with river, trail, and high bluffs located side by side. No automobiles are allowed. Bike rentals and maintenance are available in Rocheport.
- Arrow Rock State Historic Site - If you enjoy the easy-going serenity of a quiet village, then Arrow Rock is the place for you. Once a thriving river port, the town is dotted with architectural treasures from the past. Limestone gutters of carefully carved blocks line the main street, marking the toil of earlier generations. Wooden sidewalks and overhead canopies still line storefronts, recalling the grace and aura of times long past. The entire town of Arrow Rock was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1964, and is home of Arrow Rock Lyceum Theater, Missouri's oldest professional theater, 48 years and counting.
- Vintage Hill Farm - An extraordinary greenhouse. Sure to reward plant and garden enthusiasts with over 1700 varieties of plants and shrubs. Home to Highland Cattle and Holsteiner Sporthorses.
- Crane's Country Store and Museum - This fine country store was built in the 1920s and has stood the test of time. Filled with antiques and useful merchandise, this entirely authentic place has served the Williamsburg, Missouri farming community for nearly 90 years. You haven't seen Missouri until you have visited Crane's Country Store.
- Winston Churchill Memorial - Located on the campus of Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, site of Churchill's famous "Iron Curtain" speech. The Memorial was founded in 1969 to honor the life and legacy of one of the greatest leaders of the twentieth century. It is housed within the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Aldermanbury: a 12th century church from the middle of London, redesigned by Sir Christopher Wren in 1677, that was relocated to Fulton.
- Missouri State Capitol-Jefferson City - One of the most beautiful state capitol buildings. This beautiful building is literally a museum of public art; remarkable not only for its quality and abundance, but it is also a faithful reflection of the themes, events, and people of Missouri.
- University of Missouri - Missouri's flagship university located in Columbia, Missouri.
- Stephens College - Educating women since 1833.
- Columbia College - Since 1851. Coeducational liberal arts and sciences.
- Central Methodist University - Since 1854. Coeducational liberal arts and sciences.