About Rocheport, Missouri
Yates House Bed and Breakfast is located in Rocheport, Missouri. Rocheport was the busiest river port between St. Charles and St. Joseph, Missouri in the early 1800s. It is now a well preserved, vibrant small town. It has been named by Frommer’s Budget Travel Guide as “One of America’s Ten Coolest Small Towns.”
Rocheport and its surrounding area offer something for everyone during your Missouri vacation.
With the Katy Trail State Park passing through town, Rocheport is steeped in history and charm. Rocheport is a nationally recognized historic town filled with beauty and hospitality.
Enjoy Activities in Rocheport and along the Missouri River:
- Antiques, gallery, and gift shop in Rocheport’s small shops.
- Enjoy some of the finest dining in mid-Missouri at Rocheport-area cafes, bistros, and restaurants. Abigail’s, Meriwether, Mulberry Grill, General Store, and just outside of town, Les Bourgeois Bistro and A-Frame.
- Rocheport General Store, one block walk away. Nightlife with live music, beer, wine, and food in a guest-friendly atmosphere.
- Stroll around Rocheport and relax in the unspoiled, small village setting. You will enjoy the leisurely pace while viewing many restored pre-civil war homes and beautiful gardens.
- Les Bourgeois Winery and Vineyards, one mile from town, is one of mid-Missouri's premier cultural and recreational attractions. A family-owned and operated winery, Les Bourgeois offers visitors a taste of some of the “Show Me State's” finest award-winning wines, exquisite bistro cuisine, and beautiful scenery at both the Bistro and at the outdoor A-Frame facility. Les Bourgeois Vineyards is the third largest winery in Missouri.
- Katy Trail State Park, the longest rail-trail park in the country at 237 miles in length. The Rocheport section is generally recognized as the most beautiful section of the entire trail. Whether you’re a bicyclist, walker, history buff, or nature lover, the Katy Trail is the place to re-connect with nature and explore the past. For general trail information visit Bikekatytrail.com
- Warm Springs Ranch is the breeding farm for Budweiser Clydesdale horses. It is the site where Anheuser-Busch advertising featuring Clydesdale foals is filmed. Tours are available but must be made in advance, online.
- Columbia, and the University of Missouri-Columbia, Stephen’s College, and Columbia College with many more restaurants and entertainment possibilities is just fifteen minutes away.
- Columbia Chamber of Commerce website offers more information about the Columbia community.
For more information, please visit the Rocheport Web site at www.rocheport.com